Kanger Valley National Park is a pristine and biodiverse national park located in the Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, India. It is known for its lush forests, diverse wildlife, and unique limestone caves. Here’s some information about Kanger Valley National Park:
How to Reach Kanger Valley National Park:
Kanger Valley National Park is accessible by road, and the nearest major town is Jagdalpur:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Kanger Valley National Park is Jagdalpur Airport, which is approximately 10 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach the park.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Jagdalpur Railway Station, which is well-connected to major cities like Raipur and Vishakhapatnam. From Jagdalpur, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the national park.
- By Road: Kanger Valley National Park is located about 27 kilometers from Jagdalpur, and the road journey offers scenic views. You can drive or take a local bus from Jagdalpur to reach the park.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Kanger Valley National Park is during the post-monsoon season from September to February when the weather is pleasant, and the park is lush green. Monsoons can be challenging due to heavy rainfall, and summers can be hot.
Connectivity around Kanger Valley National Park can be limited. Mobile network coverage may be inconsistent, and internet connectivity may not be readily available in the area. It’s advisable to plan accordingly and carry essentials.
While there are limited accommodation options within the national park, you can find guesthouses and budget hotels in Jagdalpur, which is the closest major town. Some popular options include Hotel Akanksha, Bastar Palace, and Hotel Rainbow.
Nearby Places to Visit:
- Chitrakote Falls: The famous Chitrakote Falls, often referred to as the “Niagara Falls of India,” is located nearby.
- Tirathgarh Waterfall: A beautiful waterfall surrounded by lush greenery.
- Jagdalpur: The district headquarters offers opportunities to explore the tribal culture of Bastar and visit attractions like the Bastar Palace and Danteshwari Temple.
Popular Things to Do:
- Wildlife Safari: Explore the national park on a safari to spot wildlife like tigers, leopards, and various bird species.
- Limestone Cave Exploration: Visit the enchanting Kanger Ghati and Kotumsar caves within the national park.
- Nature Walks: Take guided nature walks to explore the diverse flora and fauna of the park.
- Photography: Capture the natural beauty of Kanger Valley National Park and its wildlife.
- Tribal Culture Exploration: Interact with local tribal communities and learn about their culture and traditions.
- Is Kanger Valley National Park safe for tourists? Kanger Valley National Park is generally safe for tourists. However, it’s important to follow park rules and guidelines for wildlife safaris and cave explorations.
- Do I need any permits to visit Kanger Valley National Park? Indian tourists typically do not need permits to visit the national park. Foreign nationals can check visa requirements and restrictions.
- What’s the weather like in Kanger Valley National Park? Summers can be warm, and the post-monsoon period (September to February) offers pleasant weather for visiting. The monsoon season (June to August) can be humid with heavy rainfall.
- Are there ATMs near Kanger Valley National Park? Limited ATM facilities are available in Jagdalpur. It’s advisable to carry sufficient cash.
- Can I find medical facilities near Kanger Valley National Park? Jagdalpur has medical facilities, including hospitals and clinics, to attend to healthcare needs.
Kanger Valley National Park offers a unique opportunity to experience the natural beauty and wildlife of Chhattisgarh. Be sure to plan your visit during the right season and follow park guidelines to make the most of your trip.