Kesaria, located in the state of Bihar, India, is known for the Kesaria Stupa, a significant Buddhist monument. Here’s some information about Kesaria:
How to Reach Kesaria:
Kesaria can be reached by various modes of transportation:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Kesaria is Patna Airport (PAT), which is approximately 118 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach Kesaria.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Chakia Railway Station (Caa) located about 5 kilometers from Kesaria. You can reach Chakia by train and then hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach Kesaria.
- By Road: Kesaria is well-connected by road to nearby towns and cities. You can reach Kesaria by bus, taxi, or private vehicle. The road network is decent, making it accessible by road.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Kesaria is during the winter months, from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and suitable for outdoor exploration and sightseeing. Summers can be hot, and monsoons bring heavy rains.
Kesaria may have limited mobile network coverage, and internet connectivity can be sporadic. It’s advisable to check with your service provider for network availability.
Kesaria may have limited accommodation options. You can consider staying in nearby towns or cities like Champaran or Patna, where more accommodation choices are available.
Nearby Places to Visit:
- Kesaria Stupa: The Kesaria Stupa is the main attraction, known for its historical and architectural significance.
- Champaran: The Champaran region is known for its association with Mahatma Gandhi and the Champaran Satyagraha.
Popular Things to Do:
- Visit the Kesaria Stupa: Explore the ancient Kesaria Stupa, which is believed to date back to the time of Emperor Ashoka.
- Learn About History: Kesaria offers insights into the rich history and heritage of Buddhism in the region.
- Explore Nearby Areas: Consider exploring nearby towns and villages to learn more about the local culture and history.
- Is Kesaria safe for tourists? Kesaria is generally safe for tourists, but it’s advisable to take standard safety precautions while traveling.
- Are there any dress code requirements for visiting the Kesaria Stupa? Modest clothing is advisable when visiting historical and religious sites. Covering your head and removing your shoes at certain places may be required.
- Is photography allowed at the Kesaria Stupa? Photography is usually allowed at the Kesaria Stupa, but it’s respectful to ask for permission, especially in areas of worship and meditation.
- Can I use credit cards in Kesaria? Credit card acceptance may be limited, so it’s a good idea to carry cash for expenses.