Pitti Island is one of the uninhabited islands in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, India. It’s renowned for its pristine natural beauty, clear turquoise waters, and vibrant marine life. Pitti Island offers a perfect escape for travelers looking to explore a secluded and untouched paradise.
How to Reach Pitti Island:
- By Air: To reach Pitti Island, you’ll need to first fly to Agatti Airport in Lakshadweep, which is well-connected to Kochi in Kerala. Regular flights operated by the Airports Authority of India connect Agatti to the mainland. From Agatti, you can arrange boat trips or excursions to visit Pitti Island. Please note that since Pitti is uninhabited, visiting it may require special arrangements and permissions.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Pitti Island is during the dry season, which is from October to April. The weather is pleasant, and this period offers excellent conditions for snorkeling, scuba diving, and exploring the underwater world. The monsoon season (May to September) should be avoided due to heavy rainfall and rough seas.
While mobile networks and internet connectivity are available in some parts of Lakshadweep, Pitti Island being uninhabited may not have reliable connectivity. Ensure you have communication arrangements if needed.
Pitti Island does not have accommodations since it’s uninhabited. Visitors typically stay on nearby inhabited islands in guesthouses or resorts and arrange day trips or excursions to Pitti Island.
Nearby Places to Visit:
Pitti Island is known for its natural beauty and underwater treasures. Nearby inhabited islands within the Lakshadweep archipelago offer more amenities and attractions.
Popular Things to Do:
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving: Explore the vibrant coral reefs and marine life surrounding Pitti Island through snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Boat Excursions: Take boat trips from nearby inhabited islands to Pitti Island to witness its untouched beauty.
- Beachcombing: Enjoy the pristine and secluded beaches of Pitti Island.
- Is Pitti Island safe for tourists? – Pitti Island is generally safe for tourists when visited as part of organized excursions. Follow safety guidelines for water activities.
- What is the currency used in Lakshadweep? – The currency used is the Indian Rupee (INR).
- Are there ATMs on nearby inhabited islands? – Limited banking facilities and ATMs may be available on inhabited islands. It’s advisable to carry sufficient cash.
- What language is spoken on inhabited islands in Lakshadweep? – Malayalam is the primary language, but English and Hindi are also understood.
- Do I need a permit to visit Lakshadweep? – Yes, a permit is required for both Indian and foreign tourists to visit Lakshadweep. These permits can be obtained through tour operators.
Pitti Island, Lakshadweep, offers a unique opportunity to experience the untouched beauty of a remote and uninhabited island. It’s a haven for nature lovers and underwater enthusiasts. Enjoy your exploration of this pristine paradise!