Kaldurg Fort is situated to the east of Palghar, Maharashtra, India, in the Sahyadri mountain range of northern Konkan. It is strategically situated at a height of 475 meters above sea level with Availability of good forest land and giving views of the Arabian Sea and Surya River to the east.
For observing and keeping a watch on the region, Top of the fort is a big rectangular rock. Due to this rock it’s quite easy to locate the fort from a distance. The area should comprise half an acre. On the plateau under the rock patch, there is a big water tank. A cistern can also be found. The fort can be conceived as divided in 2 parts namely top of the fort and plateau below. 2-3 steps help us to get on the top from the plateau.
- 07.05 AM :- Board Dahanu Train from Borivali
- 08.15 AM :- Reach Palghar Station & Meet the Team at station
- 09.00 AM :- Reach the Base Village by Public Transport & Start the trek to Kaldurg
- 11.00 AM :- Reach the Top
- 12.30 PM :- Start Descending to base village
- 02.00 PM :- Reach Base Village with amazing memories and start our return journey towards Palghar station
- Travelling From Local Transport From Palghar to Palghar
- Morning Breakfast & Tea
- Forest Entry Charges
- Expertise & Guide Charges
Things To Carry
- Luggage packed in big good trekking sack
- Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks if required
- Water bottle (2-3 liters) compulsory
- Glucon-d energizers and personal Medicine
- A sweater/warm wear/rainwear
- Wear comfortable clothing during treks (full sleeves)
- Good trekking/sports shoes (sandals, chappals, floaters not permitted)
- Torch with Extra pair of Batteries (must) during night trek
- Camera, Binocular (Optional) Identity proof (must)
- Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper, etc.)
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent, etc.
- Slippers (optional – at the end of day/trek so that your feet can relax)
There are no reviews yet.