At a distance of 12 km from Bhandardara, 165 km from Mumbai & 174 km from Pune, Kalsubai Peak is a mountain peak in Sahyadri Hills in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra. The peak of Kalsubai perched at an altitude of 5400 feet (1646 m) and it is the highest peak in Maharashtra you must include in Maharashtra packages.
The Kalsubai Peak lies within the Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary. It is one of the top things to do in Bhandardara. The peak is a small plateau and offers a commanding view of nearby forts and Bhandardara Dam. It was used for keeping watch on their enemies during the Maratha rule in the region. Kalsubai Temple is Located at the topmost peak of Sahyadri mountain range of Maharashtra.
Mount Kalsubai is a famous trekking destination in Maharashtra. The trekking route attracts large number of visitors, some to conquer the highest peak in Maharashtra, some trek to Kalsubai to visit Mandir and offer prayers to local deity Kalsubai. The temple houses an old well, where the water level never drops below 3 feet. A religious fair is organised by the locals at this temple during Navratri.
- 08:52 PM Board Kasara Train from CSMT
- 11:15 PM Reach Kasara and Meet the Team
- 11:30 PM Move Towards Bari (Base) Village
- 02:00 AM Get refreshed with Pohe & Tea followed by Ice breaking session and Intro round with instructors.
- 02:30 AM Start Ascending to Kalsubai Peak.
- 06:00 AM On top of the Maharashtra with witness to sunrise.
- 07:30 AM Start Descending back.
- 10:30AM Reach back down at the base village.
- 00 AM Lunch Time
- 11:30AM Move Towards to Kasara station.
- Travelling From Local Transport From Kasara To Kasara
- Morning Breakfast & Tea
- Forest Entry Charges
- Expertise & Guide Charges
Things To Carry
- Luggage packed in big good trekking sack
- Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks if required
- Water bottle (2-3 liters) compulsory
- Glucon-d energizers and personal Medicine
- A sweater/warm wear/rainwear
- Wear comfortable clothing during treks (full sleeves)
- Good trekking/sports shoes (sandals, chappals, floaters not permitted)
- Torch with Extra pair of Batteries (must) during night trek
- Camera, Binocular (Optional) Identity proof (must)
- Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper, etc.)
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent, etc.
- Slippers (optional – at the end of day/trek so that your feet can relax)
There are no reviews yet.