The Sondai Fort was built so that it could act as a watchtower for surveillance of nearby areas. It gets its name because of the presence of temple of Goddess of Sondai, at the top of the mountain. The tree above the temple is considered to be its wall since it has no proper structure.
Standing at a height of 365 m, the Sondai fort trek is a small hill fort trek, which is more of a watchtower. The fort is at the base of two villages, Sondewadi and Wavarle. Sondewadi village is at quarter height from the fort.
From the summit of the Sondai Fort, one can get a clear and beautiful view of the Morba Dam, Prabalgad , Songiri , Rajmachi and Irshal forts and the Matheran mountain range. There are 4 water tanks on the fort, out of which 2 of them provide potable water. There is also an idol of Sondai Devi on the top of the fort and the steps to take one there are carved out of rocks. The villagers have put up 2 ladders to make the climb easier. The first ladder has two cisterns to its right while the second one takes us directly to the top.
- 06.10 AM :- Board KarjatTrain from CSMT
- 08.15 AM :- Reach Asaongaon Station & Meet the Team at station
- 08.45 AM :- Reach the Base Village by Private Transport
- 09.15 AM :- Breakfast & Tea & Start the Trek
- 10.30 AM :- Reach the Top
- 11.30 PM :- Start Descending to base village
- 01.30 PM :- Reach Base Village with amazing memories and start our return journey towards Karjat station
- Travelling From Local Transport From Karjat to Karjat
- Morning Breakfast & Tea
- Forest Entry Charges
- Expertise & Guide Charges
Things To Carry
- Luggage packed in big good trekking sack
- Complete spare set of extra clothes & socks if required
- Water bottle (2-3 liters) compulsory
- Glucon-d energizers and personal Medicine
- A sweater/warm wear/rainwear
- Wear comfortable clothing during treks (full sleeves)
- Good trekking/sports shoes (sandals, chappals, floaters not permitted)
- Torch with Extra pair of Batteries (must) during night trek
- Camera, Binocular (Optional) Identity proof (must)
- Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper, etc.)
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent, etc.
- Slippers (optional – at the end of day/trek so that your feet can relax)
Pratiksha mishra –
Sondai trip : such a beautiful experience, trek was awesome more than i expected, trek buddies were good , all moments spent in trek is memorable. Overall unforgettable time spent with unknown buddies☺️, all became good friends.
Susmita Dusankar –
It’s wonderful experience.the views,thrill, vibes,spots everything it just so beautiful✨ ànd got new friends also
Manish Thakare –
Sondai Trek was well-organized and full of fun. I met a few new young trekkers who became good friends during the trek. The Sondai trek was amazing with lots of good memories.
Anjali Valvi –
☺️This was a very good trek with my new friends 😍❤️ the trek, awesome experience Unforgettable is all I can say about my first trekking experience. Beautiful views, mountains, the trail itself weather and great awesome job Aditya sir, Omkar Dada and Prathamesh Daaa #sondai trek was beautiful amazing and lots of unforgettable memories ☺️❤️😍🌍
Asmita Gupta –
It was my first trip and i enjoyed a lot.thanks to leaders and sondai group🥰❤️😍
Asmita Gupta –
It was my first trek and I had a wonderful experience here with new friends, nature and the view is awesome. I enjoyed alot. Thanks to team leaders.