Sultanpur National Park, located in Haryana, is a popular bird sanctuary and wildlife destination. Here’s some information about it:
About Sultanpur National Park:
- Location: Sultanpur National Park is situated in Gurgaon district of Haryana, approximately 40 kilometers from Delhi.
- Area: The park covers an area of about 143 square kilometers.
- Flora and Fauna: It’s renowned for its avian diversity and is home to a wide variety of resident and migratory birds. Apart from birds, you can also spot various other wildlife like sambar, blue bull, and more.
How to Reach Sultanpur National Park:
- By Air: The nearest airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, which is well-connected to major cities in India and abroad.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Gurgaon Railway Station, which is well-connected to major cities in India.
- By Road: You can reach Sultanpur National Park by road from Delhi, Gurgaon, or nearby cities. It’s accessible by car or bus.
Best Time to Visit:
- The best time to visit Sultanpur National Park is during the winter months, from October to March, when migratory birds arrive. Birdwatching is at its peak during this time.
- Sultanpur National Park is well-connected by road and is easily accessible by private vehicles and taxis.
- While there aren’t accommodations within the park itself, you can find hotels and guesthouses in Gurgaon and nearby areas for a comfortable stay during your visit.
- You can explore Gurgaon and its attractions, such as Cyber Hub, Kingdom of Dreams, and Ambience Mall.
- Delhi, with its historical sites, is just a short drive away.
Popular Things to Do:
- Birdwatching is the primary attraction, with numerous bird species to observe.
- Nature walks and photography are popular activities.
- Enjoying the serene ambiance of the park.
- Entry Fee: There’s a nominal entry fee for adults, and it may vary for children and foreigners.
- Timings: The park is usually open from sunrise to sunset.
- Guides: You can hire guides for birdwatching and to enhance your experience.
- Do’s and Don’ts: Follow the park rules, maintain silence, and don’t disturb the wildlife.
Please note that it’s a good practice to check for any updated information, entry fees, and timings before planning your visit, as these details may change over time.