Tirathgarh Waterfall is a stunning natural attraction located in the Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, India. Known for its picturesque beauty and serene surroundings, Tirathgarh Waterfall is a popular destination for nature lovers and tourists. Here’s some information about Tirathgarh Waterfall:
How to Reach Tirathgarh Waterfall:
Tirathgarh Waterfall is accessible by road, and the nearest major town is Jagdalpur:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Tirathgarh Waterfall is Jagdalpur Airport, which is approximately 12 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach the waterfall.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Jagdalpur Railway Station, which is well-connected to major cities like Raipur and Vishakhapatnam. From Jagdalpur, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach Tirathgarh Waterfall.
- By Road: Tirathgarh Waterfall is located about 35 kilometers from Jagdalpur, and the road journey offers scenic views. You can drive or take a local bus from Jagdalpur to reach the waterfall.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit Tirathgarh Waterfall is during the post-monsoon season from September to November when the waterfall is at its fullest and the surrounding landscape is lush green. Monsoons can be challenging due to heavy rainfall, and winters can be a bit dry with reduced water flow.
Connectivity around Tirathgarh Waterfall can be limited. Mobile network coverage may be inconsistent, and internet connectivity may not be readily available in the area. It’s advisable to plan accordingly and carry essentials.
While there are limited accommodation options near Tirathgarh Waterfall, you can find guesthouses and budget hotels in Jagdalpur, which is the closest major town. Some popular options include Hotel Akanksha, Bastar Palace, and Hotel Rainbow.
Nearby Places to Visit:
- Chitrakote Falls: The famous Chitrakote Falls, often referred to as the “Niagara Falls of India,” is located nearby.
- Kanger Valley National Park: A wildlife sanctuary known for its diverse flora and fauna, located about 30 kilometers from Tirathgarh Waterfall.
- Jagdalpur: The district headquarters offers opportunities to explore the tribal culture of Bastar and visit attractions like the Bastar Palace and Danteshwari Temple.
Popular Things to Do:
- Viewing the Waterfall: Spend time admiring the beauty of Tirathgarh Waterfall from various viewpoints.
- Photography: Capture the scenic surroundings, the waterfall, and the lush greenery.
- Nature Walks: Take a walk in the nearby forested areas and enjoy the tranquility of the region.
- Shopping: Explore the local markets in Jagdalpur to buy tribal handicrafts and traditional artifacts.
- Is Tirathgarh Waterfall safe for tourists? Tirathgarh Waterfall is generally safe for tourists. However, be cautious while exploring the area, especially near the waterfall, and follow safety guidelines.
- Do I need any permits to visit Tirathgarh Waterfall? Indian tourists typically do not need permits to visit Tirathgarh Waterfall. Foreign nationals can check visa requirements and restrictions.
- What’s the weather like in Tirathgarh Waterfall? Summers are warm, and the post-monsoon period (September to November) offers pleasant weather for visiting. The monsoon season (June to August) can be humid with heavy rainfall.
- Are there ATMs near Tirathgarh Waterfall? Limited ATM facilities are available in Jagdalpur. It’s advisable to carry sufficient cash.
- Can I find medical facilities near Tirathgarh Waterfall? Jagdalpur has medical facilities, including hospitals and clinics, to attend to healthcare needs.
Tirathgarh Waterfall offers a serene and refreshing experience amidst nature’s beauty. Make sure to plan your trip during the right season to fully enjoy the waterfall and the surrounding landscapes.