Pune, located in the state of Maharashtra, offers numerous picturesque trekking opportunities during the monsoon season. Here are the top 10 monsoon treks near Pune:
- Sinhagad Trek: Sinhagad Fort is a popular trek, especially during monsoon, known for its historical significance and breathtaking views. The trail becomes vibrant and green during the rainy season.
- Rajmachi Trek: Rajmachi is a scenic trek known for its twin forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. The lush greenery and numerous waterfalls make it a monsoon favorite.
- Lohagad Trek: Lohagad Fort is a popular trek near Pune. During the monsoon, the trek offers a beautiful experience with the fort surrounded by lush greenery and mist.
- Torna Fort Trek: Torna Fort, the highest fort in Pune district, is a monsoon delight. The trail becomes enchanting with the vibrant greenery and flowing streams.
- Visapur Trek: Visapur Fort trek is famous for its scenic beauty, especially during monsoon when the surroundings turn lush and misty, offering a mesmerizing experience.
- Tikona Fort Trek: Tikona Fort trek offers breathtaking views of the Pawna Dam and the surrounding Sahyadri mountains. The trail is particularly beautiful during the monsoon.
- Korigad Trek: Korigad Fort trek offers a captivating experience with its lush green landscapes and cool climate during the monsoon season.
- Duke’s Nose Trek: Duke’s Nose is a thrilling trek offering panoramic views of the Western Ghats. The misty atmosphere during monsoon adds to the adventure.
- Peb Fort Trek: Peb Fort, also known as Vikatgad, offers a moderate trek with stunning views of the Matheran mountain range, especially enchanting during the monsoon.
- Andharban Trek: Andharban, translating to “Dark Forest,” is a unique trek known for its dense forests and numerous waterfalls, making it a perfect monsoon trek.
Before heading out on any trek, especially during the monsoon, ensure you are well-prepared with appropriate gear, check the weather forecast, and consider safety precautions. Always follow guidelines and respect the environment while trekking.