Top 10 Places to Visit in Haryana:
- Sultanpur National Park: A birdwatcher’s paradise with various bird species.
- Kurukshetra: The historic town known for its association with the Mahabharata.
- Surajkund: Famous for the annual Surajkund Crafts Mela and the ancient Sun Temple.
- Pinjore Gardens: A beautifully landscaped Mughal garden with cascading fountains.
- Gurugram: A modern city with shopping malls, dining options, and entertainment.
- Panipat: Known for its historical significance and the three battles of Panipat.
- Ambala: Explore the cantonment area, historical sites, and the Bhawani Amba Temple.
- Yamunanagar: Visit the Kalesar National Park and the town’s scenic surroundings.
- Hisar: Explore the historic town, including the Feroze Shah’s Palace and the St. Andrew’s Church.
- Panchkula: Known for its lush green parks and the Cactus Garden.
Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Haryana is during the winter months, from October to March when the weather is pleasant for outdoor activities and sightseeing. Summers can be extremely hot, and monsoons bring heavy rainfall.
How to Reach:
By Air: The nearest airport to Haryana is Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) in Delhi, which is well-connected to major Indian and international cities. You can reach Haryana by road or train from the airport.
By Train: Haryana has an extensive railway network, with major cities like Ambala, Faridabad, and Gurgaon having railway stations.
By Road: Haryana is well-connected by road to neighboring states. National highways and state highways provide easy access to the state.
Major Connectivity Options:
- From Delhi: Delhi is the closest major city, and you can reach Haryana by road or train, making it easily accessible.
- From Chandigarh: Chandigarh is relatively close to Haryana, and you can travel by road or train for a short journey.
- From Jaipur: Jaipur in Rajasthan is connected to Haryana by road, and there are regular buses and trains available.
1. Is Haryana safe for tourists? Haryana is generally safe for tourists. However, like any other destination, it’s essential to take standard safety precautions.
2. Are there any COVID-19 restrictions for travelers? Check the latest COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions before planning your trip, as they may change over time.
3. What is the local cuisine of Haryana like? Haryana offers a variety of North Indian cuisine, including dishes like paranthas, kadhi, and bajra roti.
4. Is English widely spoken in Haryana? While Hindi is the primary language, English is understood and spoken in urban areas and tourist destinations.
5. Can I find vegetarian food options in Haryana? Yes, Haryana primarily offers vegetarian cuisine, and vegetarian food options are widely available.
6. Are there any wildlife sanctuaries or national parks in Haryana? Yes, Haryana has wildlife sanctuaries like Kalesar National Park and Sultanpur National Park, where you can spot various bird and animal species.