The Vighnahar Temple, also known as Shri Vighnahar Ganpati Temple, is one of the Ashtavinayak temples dedicated to Lord Ganesha. It is situated in Ozar, Maharashtra, India. Here’s some information about its history, the best time to visit, connectivity options, and how to reach the temple:
The Vighnahar Temple is steeped in ancient mythology and is associated with the legend of Lord Ganesha defeating the demon Vighnasur, thereby acquiring the name “Vighnahar” which translates to “remover of obstacles.” The temple has historical and religious significance, drawing devotees from various parts of India.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit the Vighnahar Temple is during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi, which typically falls between August and September. This is when the temple is adorned with decorations and experiences a surge of devotees participating in the celebrations.
- By Air: The nearest major airport is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai, which is approximately 90 kilometers away from Ozar. From there, you can hire a taxi or use other transportation options to reach the temple.
- By Train: The nearest railway station to Ozar is Narayangaon Railway Station, which is about 10 kilometers away. From there, you can hire a taxi or auto-rickshaw to reach the temple.
- By Road: Ozar is well-connected by road. You can take a bus, taxi, or drive your own vehicle to reach the temple. The roads are generally in good condition, making it a convenient mode of travel.
How to Reach:
- From Mumbai: You can take a train or bus from Mumbai to Narayangaon and then reach Ozar by taxi or auto-rickshaw.
- From Pune: Ozar is approximately 85 kilometers from Pune. You can hire a taxi or take a bus from Pune to reach the temple.
- From Nashik: Ozar is around 40 kilometers from Nashik. You can hire a taxi or take a local bus from Nashik to reach the temple.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
- Is there an entry fee for the Vighnahar Temple?
- No, there is usually no entry fee to visit the Vighnahar Temple.
- What are the temple’s visiting hours?
- The temple is generally open from early morning to late evening. The specific visiting hours may vary, so it’s advisable to confirm the timings before your visit.
- Are there any accommodation options near the temple?
- Yes, there are various hotels, lodges, and guesthouses available near the Vighnahar Temple for accommodation.
- Are there any other attractions near Ozar?
- Yes, Ozar is close to several other tourist attractions in Maharashtra, including Lenyadri Caves and Bhimashankar Temple, among others.
- Is photography allowed inside the temple?
- Photography policies may vary. It’s best to inquire at the temple whether photography is allowed and if there are any specific guidelines.
Always check for the most up-to-date information on visiting the Vighnahar Temple, including timings and any special events or festivals that may affect your visit.